Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Plastic lining for hygene.
Page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 
 Message
Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15149
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 7:04 pm    Post subject: Plastic lining for hygene.  Reply with quote    

I was talking to a chap recently who said that you can turn any space into one suitable for food preparation simply by lining it with plastic.

Anyone here know owt about that?

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Yep, give me until tomorrow and I'll look up a contact that I'm happy to recommend. Our butchery & chiller is lined with it, brilliant stuff.

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15149
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Rob R wrote:
Yep, give me until tomorrow and I'll look up a contact that I'm happy to recommend. Our butchery & chiller is lined with it, brilliant stuff.

No great rush I'm tied up with something else for a week or two.
What would you recommend for the floor?
I've got some nice tiles, but I don't like them: anything dropped is fairly certain to break.

NorthernMonkeyGirl



Joined: 10 Apr 2011
Posts: 4354
Location: Peeping over your shoulder
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

This chap wasn't called Dexter by any chance...?

Sorry, no help on your query. Try local council Environmental Health?

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15149
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

NorthernMonkeyGirl wrote:
Sorry, no help on your query. Try local council Environmental Health?

If Rob rates it, then that's good enough for me.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

NorthernMonkeyGirl wrote:


Sorry, no help on your query. Try local council Environmental Health?


I suspect you'll be more help than they are.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Hairyloon wrote:
Rob R wrote:
Yep, give me until tomorrow and I'll look up a contact that I'm happy to recommend. Our butchery & chiller is lined with it, brilliant stuff.

No great rush I'm tied up with something else for a week or two.
What would you recommend for the floor?
I've got some nice tiles, but I don't like them: anything dropped is fairly certain to break.


Mine is Ali chequer-plate, but only because it was already there. Our butcher has some vinyl stuff that looks good, I could ask him if you like?

Nick



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Posts: 33928
Location: Hereford
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Jerkymeister did this. Unsure if that's a recommendation mind.

sean
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 41939
Location: North Devon
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

The prep-room at work is lined with plastic. I can ask where it came from if you like. Rob's contact is likely to be closer to you though.

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15149
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

sean wrote:
The prep-room at work is lined with plastic. I can ask where it came from if you like. Rob's contact is likely to be closer to you though.

Ask if it is no bother to: they might be a nationwide company.
Half the problem is knowing what to call it so's to know what to ask for.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I've remembered! - www.hi-plas.co.uk

onemanband



Joined: 26 Dec 2010
Posts: 1473
Location: NCA90
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I recently saw a care home kitchen being clad in similar stuff, only it was antibacterial.
googling 'antibacterial plastic sheets' throws up a few suppliers.

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15149
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Rob R wrote:
I've remembered! - www.hi-plas.co.uk

About 10 minutes journey away...

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Hairyloon wrote:
Rob R wrote:
I've remembered! - www.hi-plas.co.uk

About 10 minutes journey away...


Peter was the guy I dealt with, excellent service, and so easy to clean.

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15149
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 14 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Rob R wrote:
Peter was the guy I dealt with, excellent service, and so easy to clean.

An essential quality in a salesman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com