Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Moving images
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions

Animations
Allowed
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Not Allowed
70%
 70%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author 
 Message
Brownbear



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 14929
Location: South West
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 10 1:20 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote    

Mary-Jane wrote:
Dear God. There must be better things to do and support than banging on about moving images avatars being some sort of oppressed minority group...


And rude words, too. Think of all those disenfranchised expletives wandering around the ether with nowhere to go, all those curses unborn and spittle-flecked rants unsaid.

The thing is, as far as I know, nobody's actually banned moving images of rude words, as long as they're not in avatars.

So, you can still give a flying f......

Gervase



Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Posts: 8655

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 10 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

gekkko wrote:
mochyn wrote:
If there are plenty of responses to this thread perhaps it's that time again, Penny. I still don't like them, but that's just a personal thing.

ETA I don't think it's worth falling out about, though. And pressing ESC doesn't work on a Mac...


Yes it does. This is a Mac .

So's this - and it doesn't!

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 25697
Location: Jumping on the bandwagon of opportunism
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 10 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

marigold wrote:
Mods, would it be possible to state this policy in the joining instructions or somewhere similar? I think gekkko's comment on that is fair enough and it would perhaps prevent any more wranging over the issue.


It is stated in the first sticky in this section here: http://forum.downsizer.net/about51323.html

The FAQ is mostly standard text which comes as standard with all PHP boards so probably best not to change that.

lottie



Joined: 11 Aug 2005
Posts: 5059
Location: ceredigion
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 10 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I never even realised there had been a vote --just wondered occasionally where all the nice and funny avatars had gone---oh well,too late now.

marigold



Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 12458
Location: West Sussex
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 10 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Treacodactyl wrote:
marigold wrote:
Mods, would it be possible to state this policy in the joining instructions or somewhere similar? I think gekkko's comment on that is fair enough and it would perhaps prevent any more wranging over the issue.


It is stated in the first sticky in this section here: http://forum.downsizer.net/about51323.html


So it is, I had forgotten about that.

Quote:


The FAQ is mostly standard text which comes as standard with all PHP boards so probably best not to change that.


Fairy nuff.

mochyn



Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 24569
Location: mid-Wales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 10 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Gervase wrote:
gekkko wrote:
mochyn wrote:
If there are plenty of responses to this thread perhaps it's that time again, Penny. I still don't like them, but that's just a personal thing.

ETA I don't think it's worth falling out about, though. And pressing ESC doesn't work on a Mac...


Yes it does. This is a Mac .

So's this - and it doesn't!


I was about to say: it didn't work on mine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com