Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Rosewood Beef Futures
Page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Author 
 Message
Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 12:27 am    Post subject: Rosewood Beef Futures Reply with quote
    

Some of you may remember that 12 months ago I was appealing for votes for Fund 101, a grant scheme sponsored by Paypal & Intuit for small business funding where one vote = 1. Well we didn't quite make the votes by the time the funding ended so the project didn't manage to go ahead. However this year I've decided to revive it and get the cattle handing/weighing system completed in 2013.

Here's the deal - We've been offering the pay-monthly scheme for a while now & this introduces a little more structure but also some returns for buying in advance. For us it means we can receive a lump of capital in one go to allow the project to go ahead.

Initially 125 'beef futures' are available, costing 20 each which can be cashed in to pay for beef or any other Rosewood product at any point in the future. Each full calendar month that the futures are held they will go up in value by 0.5% of the original value, equivalent to 6% APR. Each holding will be dated & the end orvalue worked out when cashed in based upon the total number of full calendar months.

If this works out well there will be more made available later in the year to fund a few other farm projects I have planned.

PM me to express an interest or for a copy of the full terms & conditions.

or visit the website

Last edited by Rob R on Fri Feb 08, 13 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15387
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Not wanting to put a damper on the idea, but have you taken any legal advice?

This has to me the feel that it might be something that falls under some kind of financial or company regulations: it seems to be edging into a grey area.
If it is, and you don't comply, then you could land in deep cacky.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

No, but plenty of people do crowdfunding, as have I, and this is the same arrangement, only without the crowdfunding company taking their 8%. What I'm offering is a discount on beef & other products with payment in advance, all things that businesses are entitled to ask for.

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15387
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Rob R wrote:
No, but plenty of people do crowdfunding, as have I, and this is the same arrangement...

Ok. It seemed to me a bit different to what you were doing with crowdfunding.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

I didn't get any of the capital from the crowdfunding (Jerseybeef.com is a separate business owned by Nat, but the lack of product would have meant that people were slow to get any rewards back, so I helped out in exchange for the extra business) but it would have been quite different, I think, had I been offering money back so I'm avoiding that Plus if I were to do that there wouldn't be much advantage in not just going for a loan, this way it is more like a CSA & hopefully people will be more interested in following our progress & making it a sucess.

Pilsbury



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 5645
Location: East london/Essex
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

I'm guessimg your looking for lump sum investment for this rather than the monthly payments people are making? Seems like a sensible way to try and raise the capital again.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Pilsbury wrote:
I'm guessimg your looking for lump sum investment for this rather than the monthly payments people are making? Seems like a sensible way to try and raise the capital again.


I can take the monthly payments as part of it, but once the 125 units are up it would have to revert back to the usual arrangement, so lump sums would be less complicated.

Ty Gwyn



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 4367
Location: Lampeter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

A good second hand weight crush no good to you then,?
Seen a few in the sales from 5-750,tidy ones.

Pilsbury



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 5645
Location: East london/Essex
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Rob R wrote:
Pilsbury wrote:
I'm guessimg your looking for lump sum investment for this rather than the monthly payments people are making? Seems like a sensible way to try and raise the capital again.


I can take the monthly payments as part of it, but once the 125 units are up it would have to revert back to the usual arrangement, so lump sums would be less complicated.

No that's fine, just checking, I'm happy for you to keep the 2 seperate.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Ty Gwyn wrote:
A good second hand weight crush no good to you then,?
Seen a few in the sales from 5-750,tidy ones.


We're going for EID & auto-reading to make it a one man job if need be and more efficient. I have an old weigh crush, but it wasn't really worth renovating when you do the sums on it. The reader unit also works for the sheep, if we upgrade them too.

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15387
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 13 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Rob R wrote:
I didn't get any of the capital from the crowdfunding (Jerseybeef.com is a separate business owned by Nat...

That sounds like technical details that I don't need to know about.
Remind me, what was the deal with the crowdfunding?
Was it along the lines of pay 100 now and get 5% off all future orders?
Or am I thinking of something completely different?

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 13 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Hairyloon wrote:
Rob R wrote:
I didn't get any of the capital from the crowdfunding (Jerseybeef.com is a separate business owned by Nat...

That sounds like technical details that I don't need to know about.


Just to be clear - a lot of people think that Rosewood is JerseyBeef & vice versa.

Hairyloon wrote:
Remind me, what was the deal with the crowdfunding?
Was it along the lines of pay 100 now and get 5% off all future orders?
Or am I thinking of something completely different?


10 got 10 back
25 got 35 worth of Jersey Beef (although an alternative reward had to be thought up when the Jersey beef ran out)
40 got 5% off Rosewood produce for life
80 got 10% off RW produce

toggle



Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 11622
Location: truro
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 13 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

if you're offering discounts from rosewood for funding of jerseybeef, it's not exactly supprising that people are going to think the companies are linked.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 13 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

toggle wrote:
if you're offering discounts from rosewood for funding of jerseybeef, it's not exactly supprising that people are going to think the companies are linked.


They are linked, they're just not the same.

Nick



Joined: 02 Nov 2004
Posts: 34347
Location: Hereford
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 13 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Rob R wrote:
toggle wrote:
if you're offering discounts from rosewood for funding of jerseybeef, it's not exactly supprising that people are going to think the companies are linked.


They are linked, they're just not the same.


Yeah, you fool.

They're sister companies, both owned by an offshore holding company, set up in the Camans to provide an efficient model of profit smuggling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com