Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Marriage's Layer Pellets with Flubenvet
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Author 
 Message
Mithril



Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 1755
Location: wessex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 13 11:36 am    Post subject: Marriage's Layer Pellets with Flubenvet  Reply with quote    

I've had some of this delivered and will start their 7 day course from tomorrow. It's seems so easy, maybe too easy! Why doesn't everyone use it - is there a down side? http://www.marriagefeeds.co.uk/?s=flubenvet[/list][/b]

Melli-Jane



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 272
Location: East Sussex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 13 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

have to admit I had never heard of it - I tend to use the Farmgate feed and buy in bulk and I put cider vinegar in the water or use vermex (which gets expensive).

Certainly sounds a good idea and seems a cheaper option - to buy 60g of flubenvet which does 20kg feed is about 18, and the 20kg sacks of the marriages are around 10-11 each - so it probably only costs 3-4 on top of the usual feed price. I may have to see if i can find some....

Assume same withdrawal periods/ 7 days for meat and nil for eggs?

Mithril



Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 1755
Location: wessex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 13 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Melli-Jane wrote:
have to admit I had never heard of it - I tend to use the Farmgate feed and buy in bulk and I put cider vinegar in the water or use vermex (which gets expensive).

Certainly sounds a good idea and seems a cheaper option - to buy 60g of flubenvet which does 20kg feed is about 18, and the 20kg sacks of the marriages are around 10-11 each - so it probably only costs 3-4 on top of the usual feed price. I may have to see if i can find some....

Assume same withdrawal periods/ 7 days for meat and nil for eggs?


Yep, 7 days for meat, nil for eggs.

It's certainly a lot less bother, esp. for a small number of hens. I'm assuming they are not going to turn their noses up at it

You can order it direct from Marriage's, over the phone - free delivery.

Dreamcatcher



Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 82
Location: Brechfa Forest
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 13 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

If you are concerned about the contamination of the meat & the eggs take a look at the info on this site http://www.hiltonherbs.com/ there is some really valuable info & products on there for natural rearing of poultry & other animals. Another invaluable product for hens is Grapefruit Seed Extract...this is both a vermifuge & anti-viral aid (it's also known as Citricidal)

chez



Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 35931
Location: The Hive of the Uberbee, Quantock Hills, Somerset
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 13 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Free delivery? I will have a look at the website. It's really difficult to get down here, no dealers nearby. I have used it before, it's very straightforward.

Mithril



Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 1755
Location: wessex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 13 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Chez wrote:
Free delivery? I will have a look at the website. It's really difficult to get down here, no dealers nearby. I have used it before, it's very straightforward.


Yep, completely free. Give them a ring, number here: http://www.marriagefeeds.co.uk/online-shop

Annette H



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 245
Location: Worcestershire
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 13 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Just ordered a bag, 19. Thanks for posting about this. I had never heard of it.

Mithril



Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 1755
Location: wessex
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 13 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Annette H wrote:
Just ordered a bag, 19. Thanks for posting about this. I had never heard of it.


No probs Is yours a 20kg bag or did they charge you postage? (My 10kg bag was only 13.50 inc. delivery).

Faithmead



Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 1228
Location: Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 13 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I use it a couple of times a year and think its great......well as far as I know it is, but its just sooooo much easier than adding stuff to feed and water. For anyone around these parts (S.W. Wales) there is a guy in Tregaron who agents for Marriages.

bibbster



Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Posts: 1233
Location: Just a bit inland from Aberaeron
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 13 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Found it on here
http://www.farmandpetplace.co.uk/search-results?searchvalue=marriages+flubenvet
for 10.99 per 20kg bag plus 2.99 postage, 13.98 delivered.
They also do 10kg bats for 6.99

Mithril



Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 1755
Location: wessex
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 13 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

bibbster wrote:
Found it on here
http://www.farmandpetplace.co.uk/search-results?searchvalue=marriages+flubenvet
for 10.99 per 20kg bag plus 2.99 postage, 13.98 delivered.
They also do 10kg bats for 6.99


Gosh, that's a good price.

Woo



Joined: 19 Sep 2011
Posts: 787
Location: Mayenne, Pays de Loire
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 13 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Mithril wrote:
Chez wrote:
Free delivery? I will have a look at the website. It's really difficult to get down here, no dealers nearby. I have used it before, it's very straightforward.


Yep, completely free. Give them a ring, number here: http://www.marriagefeeds.co.uk/online-shop


i tried today. the webshop is not working and there was a charge for uk delivery when i phoned the number on the site. it is still not too expensive, imo, if it reduces the faffing about as i cant get Flubenvet here and Mum usually brings food when she visits in exchange for eggs.
it was 13.50 all in for 10kg. it wont keep so not worth the bigger bag price for me anyway.
cheers for the top tip!

Mithril



Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 1755
Location: wessex
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 13 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Woo wrote:
Mithril wrote:
Chez wrote:
Free delivery? I will have a look at the website. It's really difficult to get down here, no dealers nearby. I have used it before, it's very straightforward.


Yep, completely free. Give them a ring, number here: http://www.marriagefeeds.co.uk/online-shop


i tried today. the webshop is not working and there was a charge for uk delivery when i phoned the number on the site. it is still not too expensive, imo, if it reduces the faffing about as i cant get Flubenvet here and Mum usually brings food when she visits in exchange for eggs.
it was 13.50 all in for 10kg. it wont keep so not worth the bigger bag price for me anyway.
cheers for the top tip!


I don't think the web page ordering has ever worked. I phoned through my order and no charge at all. I was told the 13.50 was the price and the delivery was free :dunno: Anyway, as you say, a small price to save all the faff of mixing in

Woodburner



Joined: 28 Apr 2006
Posts: 2904
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 13 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Marriage's Layer Pellets with Flubenvet Reply with quote    

Mithril wrote:
I've had some of this delivered and will start their 7 day course from tomorrow. It's seems so easy, maybe too easy! Why doesn't everyone use it - is there a down side? http://www.marriagefeeds.co.uk/?s=flubenvet[/list][/b]

Possibly the relatively short shelf life, or maybe it's just not well known yet. They've only been making it for a couple of years.
I don't know owt about delivery, I collect it from the mill where it's made!

Lloyd



Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 2699

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 13 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

After reading this last night I did a late evening order online. Their vet rang me at 0745 today to confirm some details, and I've now had a text to tell me delivery will be tomorrow morning by courier. There was a small delivery charge, but to be honest their prices and service are both so good that I don't mind!

Thanks for the heads up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com