Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Rolling back the Green Taxes
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 
 Message
Ty Gwyn



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 4290
Location: Lampeter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 13 4:47 pm    Post subject: Rolling back the Green Taxes  Reply with quote    

If this happens,what will the outcome be?

joanne



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 7095
Location: Morecambe, Lancashire
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 13 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

We'll all be 6ft under water by the end of the century and our children and children's children will hate us for being ignorant and greedy

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 13 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

joanne wrote:
We'll all be 6ft under water by the end of the century and our children and children's children will hate us for being ignorant and greedy


But, we'll each have another tenner* a year to spend *I don't know the actual amount, it was a guess.

Ty Gwyn



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 4290
Location: Lampeter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 13 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Leave aside my interest in coal for 5 sec`s,lol,

I found this statement of Rolling back the Green Taxes rather ironic,as this morning before this was debated in Westminster,it was stated on Radio Wales that 6 applications for Gas exploration in South Wales had been approved,

This latter statement kind of pave`s the way for more than exploration at a later date.

OtleyLad



Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 2737
Location: Otley, West Yorkshire
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 13 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Even this was not in the Age Of Stupid film. It would have blended in seamlessly.
'The Greenest Government ever' has a familiar stench to it.

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15337
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 13 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

OtleyLad wrote:
'The Greenest Government ever' has a familiar stench to it.

Green is what you usually get when you mix blue and yellow... and people often turn green when they're sick...
I think it is a not an unfair description.

OtleyLad



Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 2737
Location: Otley, West Yorkshire
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 13 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Hairyloon wrote:
OtleyLad wrote:
'The Greenest Government ever' has a familiar stench to it.

Green is what you usually get when you mix blue and yellow... and people often turn green when they're sick...
I think it is a not an unfair description.


Well put sir!

OtleyLad



Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 2737
Location: Otley, West Yorkshire
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 13 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

More evidence of the Age of Stupid.
National Trust Head: Fracking yes, wind farms no

robkb



Joined: 29 May 2009
Posts: 4205
Location: SE London
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 13 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

OtleyLad wrote:
More evidence of the Age of Stupid.
National Trust Head: Fracking yes, wind farms no


If membership reduction is their aim, that should do it.

Ty Gwyn



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 4290
Location: Lampeter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 13 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

OtleyLad wrote:
Even this was not in the Age Of Stupid film. It would have blended in seamlessly.
'The Greenest Government ever' has a familiar stench to it.



Are not we forgetting who paved the way for the Green revolution?
Who signed up to agreements that could never be met without carbon trading,
Who brought in legislation that planning would overide local opposition,
Who put this country in the hole it is today,
And what would the scenario have been if they had another term in office.

Putting all party policies aside,how many more wind turbines do we need erected to meet the signed carbon reduction agreements,without the carbon trading scam.

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15337
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 13 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Ty Gwyn wrote:
Are not we forgetting who paved the way for the Green revolution?

Was the way ever paved?
Seems to me to have been a rough track, trodden flat by an increasing number of people.

OtleyLad



Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 2737
Location: Otley, West Yorkshire
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 13 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Ty Gwyn wrote:
OtleyLad wrote:
Even this was not in the Age Of Stupid film. It would have blended in seamlessly.
'The Greenest Government ever' has a familiar stench to it.



Are not we forgetting who paved the way for the Green revolution?
Who signed up to agreements that could never be met without carbon trading,
Who brought in legislation that planning would overide local opposition,
Who put this country in the hole it is today,
And what would the scenario have been if they had another term in office.

Putting all party policies aside,how many more wind turbines do we need erected to meet the signed carbon reduction agreements,without the carbon trading scam.


Its a classic tactic to throw up unrelated issues and shoot them down, but the point of my post was nothing to do with party politics, its that people who could lead this country away from fossil fuel/high cabon energy production just don't get it. They probably never will as all they see is money and power and more money.

The only way is to replace them with people who do get it.

Hairyloon



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 15337
Location: Today I are mostly being in Yorkshire.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 13 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

OtleyLad wrote:
The only way is to replace them with people who do get it.

How do you suggest we do that?
We would have to turn society on its head and govern it from the bottom up.

Ty Gwyn



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 4290
Location: Lampeter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 13 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Hairyloon wrote:
Ty Gwyn wrote:
Are not we forgetting who paved the way for the Green revolution?

Was the way ever paved?
Seems to me to have been a rough track, trodden flat by an increasing number of people.



Though i had already explained the planning overide for wind turbines,that was paving the way,done by Blair/Brown.

Ty Gwyn



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 4290
Location: Lampeter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 13 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

OtleyLad wrote:
Ty Gwyn wrote:
OtleyLad wrote:
Even this was not in the Age Of Stupid film. It would have blended in seamlessly.
'The Greenest Government ever' has a familiar stench to it.



Are not we forgetting who paved the way for the Green revolution?
Who signed up to agreements that could never be met without carbon trading,
Who brought in legislation that planning would overide local opposition,
Who put this country in the hole it is today,
And what would the scenario have been if they had another term in office.

Putting all party policies aside,how many more wind turbines do we need erected to meet the signed carbon reduction agreements,without the carbon trading scam.


Its a classic tactic to throw up unrelated issues and shoot them down, but the point of my post was nothing to do with party politics, its that people who could lead this country away from fossil fuel/high cabon energy production just don't get it. They probably never will as all they see is money and power and more money.

The only way is to replace them with people who do get it.



It was my post i was mentioning putting party policies aside,

My un-bias question still stands,How many more wind turbines need to be erected to achieve the carbon reduction agreement without carbon trading?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com