Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
something just for me.
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Author 
 Message
Nell Merionwen



Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 16300
Location: Beautiful Derbyshire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 10:57 am    Post subject: something just for me.  Reply with quote    

After so many years of retraining and study I am wanting a hobby just fr fun. To learn a new thing. So I am thinking a florestry course and and/or art evening classes.
What hobbies do you guys have just for fun. Stuff that doesn't link to your working life as such.

vegplot



Joined: 19 Apr 2007
Posts: 21298
Location: Ynys Môn
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Currently, truing a bicycle wheel. It's kept me amused for hours now.

Shan



Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 8316
Location: South Wales
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Sailing.

Nell Merionwen



Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 16300
Location: Beautiful Derbyshire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Shan wrote:
Sailing.


ooh nice hobby

Chez



Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 35907
Location: The Hive of the Uberbee, Quantock Hills, Somerset
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I am going to spend the winter teaching our entire family to play the recorder.

NorthernMonkeyGirl



Joined: 10 Apr 2011
Posts: 4357
Location: Peeping over your shoulder
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Ostrich wrangling?

Nell Merionwen



Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 16300
Location: Beautiful Derbyshire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

NorthernMonkeyGirl wrote:
Ostrich wrangling?

You first!

Chez



Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 35907
Location: The Hive of the Uberbee, Quantock Hills, Somerset
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

No extra animals for me. Just good clean musical fun from now on. I'm making leiderhosen out of the curtains as I type.

Nell Merionwen



Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 16300
Location: Beautiful Derbyshire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Chez wrote:
No extra animals for me. Just good clean musical fun from now on. I'm making leiderhosen out of the curtains as I type.

I'll bet you all look adorable

sean
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 41985
Location: North Devon
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

If they're 'song-trousers' that would be liederhosen. It seems unlikely that you have leather curtains for making lederhosen.

Nell Merionwen



Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 16300
Location: Beautiful Derbyshire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

sean wrote:
If they're 'song-trousers' that would be liederhosen. It seems unlikely that you have leather curtains for making lederhosen.

You never know what she may have in the "play" room!

dpack



Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Posts: 35938
Location: yes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

if you go for the art class route the skill specific classes tend to be better for recreation than general ones like a gcse.

print making is rather fun and very diverse in methods so whatever ones abilities a good result can be achieved.

Nell Merionwen



Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 16300
Location: Beautiful Derbyshire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

dpack wrote:
if you go for the art class route the skill specific classes tend to be better for recreation than general ones like a gcse.

print making is rather fun and very diverse in methods so whatever ones abilities a good result can be achieved.


My first job was as a printmaker. I loathed it in the end
So of my diverse qualifications one of them is a silk screen printer.
I also did A-levels in Art, Art history and Photography. I don't use any of them anymore and miss them.

Barefoot Andrew
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 22780
Location: In the 17th century
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Nell Merionwen wrote:
sean wrote:
If they're 'song-trousers' that would be liederhosen. It seems unlikely that you have leather curtains for making lederhosen.

You never know what she may have in the "play" room!




I'm going to get the language CDs out again at some point and revisit learning Spanish.

And I'm going to build a model railway.
A.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 14 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Nell Merionwen wrote:
dpack wrote:
if you go for the art class route the skill specific classes tend to be better for recreation than general ones like a gcse.

print making is rather fun and very diverse in methods so whatever ones abilities a good result can be achieved.


My first job was as a printmaker. I loathed it in the end
So of my diverse qualifications one of them is a silk screen printer.
I also did A-levels in Art, Art history and Photography. I don't use any of them anymore and miss them.


There's your answer - get the camera out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright © 2004 marsjupiter.com