Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Peeling apples

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 
 Message
Erikht



Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 3358

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 14 9:17 am    Post subject: Peeling apples Reply with quote
    

I haven't seen this before:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10151969081510872&set=vb.107068640871&type=2&theater

Bodrighy



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 2157
Location: Near Devizes
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 14 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Think I might get into trouble if I did that in our kitchen LOL.

pete

wellington womble



Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 15047
Location: East Midlands
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 14 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

It's certainly fast. I wonder if it does the drill any harm?

Bodrighy



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 2157
Location: Near Devizes
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 14 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

wellington womble wrote:
It's certainly fast. I wonder if it does the drill any harm?


Only if you catch the peeler in the chuck. I would be more concerned of the mess it makes in a domestic kitchen.

Pete

madcat



Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 1265
Location: worcester
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 14 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

If anybody shows this to Boris I might just be driven to mass murder. Or at least two related slayings, Boris for the mess and the barmpot who gave him the idea.

I'm going to try it when he's not looking though but outside.

wellington womble



Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 15047
Location: East Midlands
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 14 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Bodrighy wrote:
wellington womble wrote:
It's certainly fast. I wonder if it does the drill any harm?


Only if you catch the peeler in the chuck. I would be more concerned of the mess it makes in a domestic kitchen.

Pete


I was thinking more of the acid in the apple. Don't shredders used for Apple crushing suffer? Or am I overreacting a bit? I'm going to try it when I next have a whole lot of apples (next year, now. What terrible timing!

Bodrighy



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 2157
Location: Near Devizes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 14 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

wellington womble wrote:
Bodrighy wrote:
wellington womble wrote:
It's certainly fast. I wonder if it does the drill any harm?


Only if you catch the peeler in the chuck. I would be more concerned of the mess it makes in a domestic kitchen.

Pete


I was thinking more of the acid in the apple. Don't shredders used for Apple crushing suffer? Or am I overreacting a bit? I'm going to try it when I next have a whole lot of apples (next year, now. What terrible timing!


Got a point, hadn't thought of the acid.

Pete

wellington womble



Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 15047
Location: East Midlands
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 14 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

It didn't look that messy, though. I know there was an untidy pile of peelings, but it didn't look horrendous. I noticed he was careful to keep the apple low, though.

Bodrighy



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 2157
Location: Near Devizes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 14 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

wellington womble wrote:
It didn't look that messy, though. I know there was an untidy pile of peelings, but it didn't look horrendous. I noticed he was careful to keep the apple low, though.


Believe me if I did it it would be messy, you haven't seen me in the kitchen LOL

Pete

wellington womble



Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 15047
Location: East Midlands
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 14 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
    

Well, it won't be any worse than usual, then

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com