Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Personal insults
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Author 
 Message
Stacey



Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 8380
Location: Kernow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 11 7:54 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote    

You do know you're just making yourselves look very childish, don't you?

Behemoth



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 19023
Location: Leeds
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 11 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

My god! How many of me are their? I can barely cope with one.

Stacey



Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 8380
Location: Kernow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 11 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

0/10. Trying too hard now.

Behemoth



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 19023
Location: Leeds
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 11 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Trying to do what?

After a joke about taxing substances in the water I joked about the defecit, what's up?

:-s

Stacey



Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 8380
Location: Kernow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 11 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Oh, you all know very well what's going on

The mods post up a deliberately flaccid 'be nice' message with vague threats of suspending accounts and then deliberately ignore the comments that get posted in response. Then a load of their chums come along and post stuff that has nothing to do with what's being asked and oh how we all laugh.


Meanwhile the fact that some people are allowed to post personal abuse is completely ignored. I can't say it really bothers me too much. I've known about the double standards here as long as I've been registered and I'm certainly not looking to make friends off the internet. However, new people are being discouraged. This whole thread is glaring proof (if it were needed) that the mods don't actually care what's being said by certain people. They just flap a hand in the vague direction of a thread and go 'oh yeah, stop that....'

Laughable.

toggle



Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 11622
Location: truro
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 11 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Stacey wrote:
I'm certainly not looking to make friends off the internet.


makes facetious comment

Behemoth



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Posts: 19023
Location: Leeds
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 11 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

As my flippancy is taken as conspiracy I will bow out and promise to be deadly serious from now on.

Stacey



Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 8380
Location: Kernow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 11 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Goodoh.

dpack



Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Posts: 35875
Location: yes
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 11 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

a well constructed thought is better than any insult if one disagrees

i like to think the closest i have come to a personal inslut here was to misunderstand a gentle soul and invite her to a sword duel ,i did mean my apology
i will be robust of logic and knowledge and can be abrupt if needs be but i try to be polite ,tis best

ps recon tis easy to be very robust and be polite

pps anyone wants to be rude to me can, they will get logic ,rhetoric and a well deservered drubbing (and rude words as a bonus if in naughty corner )

ppps "you are wrong because..."is different to "idiot etc etc etc "

wanna row bout it

toggle



Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 11622
Location: truro
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 11 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

dpack wrote:


wanna row bout it


anytime..............

Quote:
personal inslut


dirty boy

Pilsbury



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 5645
Location: East london/Essex
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 11 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Just read the thread for the first time, another nail in the coffin, my opinion only that im hopefully still entitled to have.
Lucky i have managed to avoid the insults mostly but not much fun to be had now

mochyn



Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 24569
Location: mid-Wales
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 11 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

dpack wrote:
"you are wrong because..."is different to "idiot etc etc etc "


And much better all round.

cheap-n-cheerful



Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 40
Location: North Lincolnshire
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 11 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I'm new here so not able to comment on this thread, but it is my understanding that forums evolve, and just like real life people you come into contact with, some you love and some you dont.

I was a member of another forum for a long time, spent hours on it, and as I was a moderator I dipped into all the topics. Then things changed. Because I speak my mind and don't join fan clubs, dont cosy up to people, and don't do the huggy kissy thing, I suddenly didn't fit in. People mis understood my meanings and started to have a go at me, and it upset me because I couldn't understand why. I tried to state my case but nobody listened, so I gave up.

I have learnt from that experience. Learnt to not take forums too seriously. It takes a far stronger person to walk away when discussions start getting heated. From what I've seen here, there are some topics that I will not go into because I know I won't like what I read in them. For a nicer life I will ignore them. Squabbling is childish, and scoring points off each other is ridiculous. I think you should all say sorry and make up.

Brownbear



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 14929
Location: South West
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 11 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Pilsbury wrote:
not much fun to be had now


Quite hard to engage in humour when anything at any time may be deemed personally insulting, given that there is no proper definition, just the vague suggestion that it has to do with being nice (presumably so that it can be interpreted as widely or narrowly as the person interpreting it wishes at the time).

However, has been pointed out before, if you want humour, banter etc, there are plenty more forums in the world.

Pilsbury



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 5645
Location: East london/Essex
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 11 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

cheap-n-cheerful wrote:
I'm new here so not able to comment on this thread, but it is my understanding that forums evolve, and just like real life people you come into contact with, some you love and some you dont.

I was a member of another forum for a long time, spent hours on it, and as I was a moderator I dipped into all the topics. Then things changed. Because I speak my mind and don't join fan clubs, dont cosy up to people, and don't do the huggy kissy thing, I suddenly didn't fit in. People mis understood my meanings and started to have a go at me, and it upset me because I couldn't understand why. I tried to state my case but nobody listened, so I gave up.

I have learnt from that experience. Learnt to not take forums too seriously. It takes a far stronger person to walk away when discussions start getting heated. From what I've seen here, there are some topics that I will not go into because I know I won't like what I read in them. For a nicer life I will ignore them. Squabbling is childish, and scoring points off each other is ridiculous. I think you should all say sorry and make up.


Nice post, thanks
possably up for the downsizer oscar for best use of emoticons as well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com