Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Bushnell Trophy Camera
Page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Author 
 Message
Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 13 1:02 pm    Post subject: Bushnell Trophy Camera  Reply with quote    

Just treat myself to a new HD version - hoping to film wild boar, deer, pine martin and gennet.

Any trail cam users on DS?

buzzy



Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 3664
Location: In a small wood on the edge of the Huntingdonshire Wolds
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 13 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I have an inexpensive Ltl Acorn.

Gathers lots of photographs of nothing much, which are, I assume, moving leaves or fast moving creatures.

But it has established the occasional presence of Badgers in the garden. Also snaps Muntjac, Foxes, assorted birds, zillions of Rabbits and me off to fetch the milk or the post.

Henry

Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 13 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

buzzy wrote:
I have an inexpensive Ltl Acorn.

Gathers lots of photographs of nothing much, which are, I assume, moving leaves or fast moving creatures.

But it has established the occasional presence of Badgers in the garden. Also snaps Muntjac, Foxes, assorted birds, zillions of Rabbits and me off to fetch the milk or the post.

Henry


So far... cats I might put it in the bottom field tonight.

buzzy



Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 3664
Location: In a small wood on the edge of the Huntingdonshire Wolds
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 13 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Wentworth wrote:
buzzy wrote:
I have an inexpensive Ltl Acorn.

Gathers lots of photographs of nothing much, which are, I assume, moving leaves or fast moving creatures.

But it has established the occasional presence of Badgers in the garden. Also snaps Muntjac, Foxes, assorted birds, zillions of Rabbits and me off to fetch the milk or the post.

Henry


So far... cats I might put it in the bottom field tonight.


Oh yes, I forgot to mention cats. Lots of pictures of Squeaky Thing (the feral cat that demands to be fed) and a few of her arch enemy The Black Panther.

Henry

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 25697
Location: Jumping on the bandwagon of opportunism
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 13 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Yes, a cheap Spypoint IR-5. The quality could be better but mustn't grumble at the price.

Plenty of pictures of deer, foxes, badgers etc. Eg:


Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 13 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Treacodactyl wrote:
Yes, a cheap Spypoint IR-5. The quality could be better but mustn't grumble at the price.

Plenty of pictures of deer, foxes, badgers etc. Eg:



That is great, if I capture a deer so close I will be pleased - just a group of three badgers feasting on my fallen cherries so far but pleased with the result.

buzzy



Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 3664
Location: In a small wood on the edge of the Huntingdonshire Wolds
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 13 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I get rather sinister looking Rabbits!





Henry

Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 13 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

There aren't any rabbits here and no-one seems to know why however, we moved the camera and managed to film some foraging badgers which have returned nightly since...and a few cats.


http://youtu.be/ttCjPQdWEYU

buzzy



Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 3664
Location: In a small wood on the edge of the Huntingdonshire Wolds
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 13 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I mentioned the occasional Muntjac. This one is having a quick wash.






Henry

kirstyfern



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 1574
Location: Great Dunmow, Essex
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 13 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Love the deer pic
Looking to get one - for the wildlife plus to capture any people parking in gateway at night as still have theives about Would be helpful if it was good enough to get a car registration number and had date and time on it...
any recommendations?

12Bore



Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 9088
Location: Paddling in the Mersey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 13 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Kirsty, do you have a camcorder?
Most have a good low light setting and can be set to take a snapshot or 10 second shot every minute or so, they will also imprint time/date info.

kirstyfern



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 1574
Location: Great Dunmow, Essex
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 13 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

12Bore wrote:
Kirsty, do you have a camcorder?
Most have a good low light setting and can be set to take a snapshot or 10 second shot every minute or so, they will also imprint time/date info.


I don't have electric at the field and was looking for a battery operated / rechargable camera to pin on a tree and leave on overnight / when I'm not there to record photos / short video clips day and night - I saw some in the Bushwear catalogue, the ones with the black LEDs looked most inconspicuous but I've not seen any in use...

Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 13 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

kirstyfern wrote:
12Bore wrote:
Kirsty, do you have a camcorder?
Most have a good low light setting and can be set to take a snapshot or 10 second shot every minute or so, they will also imprint time/date info.


I don't have electric at the field and was looking for a battery operated / rechargable camera to pin on a tree and leave on overnight / when I'm not there to record photos / short video clips day and night - I saw some in the Bushwear catalogue, the ones with the black LEDs looked most inconspicuous but I've not seen any in use...


Trails cams range in price and quality - a decent one will cost you between 100-200 but if you want it for surveillance then you need black light illumination with no visible recording light.

Lots of other types of cameras on the market that can connect via wifi to the pc as well. Some very reasonable.

The Bushnell are good but expect to pay about 200 for a black light hi def camera.

Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 13 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Camera traps on an RSPB reserve - photos:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-23534850#?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

12Bore



Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 9088
Location: Paddling in the Mersey
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 13 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

My local Aldi still has some of these:
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-specialbuys-20th-june/product-detail/ps/p/wildlife-camera/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com