Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
I need the Can Can by Bad Manners!!
Page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Author 
 Message
twoscoops



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 1924
Location: Warwickshire
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 12:30 pm    Post subject: I need the Can Can by Bad Manners!!  Reply with quote    

It's a long shot, but anything can happen on the internet!

I need to get hold of a copy of the Can Can by Bad Manners. I don't need vinyl but I do need a recording of the single from yesteryear's hit parade including intro and ending. Between the seven of us we've only got a snippet on an mp3 and our brass section can't do it in the original key so i need to get it and apparantly there is a free bit of software to change the key without altering the tempo.

We've got gigs all the time and are keen to get it in the set ASAP so if anybody is able to share with me I can return some spices or something else not too heavy which I have in the shop.

tahir



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 44282
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I downloaded some Bad Manners stuff from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, only 69p a track

tahir



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 44282
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I need the Can Can by Bad Manners!! Reply with quote    

twoscoops wrote:
if anybody is able to share with me I can return some spices or something else not too heavy which I have in the shop.


As per the kerfuffle last week I do believe this would be illegal.

twoscoops



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 1924
Location: Warwickshire
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Kerfuffle? I must have missed something. No law breaking need occur, straight swap would be fine!

Blue Sky



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 7654
Location: France
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Youtube any use?

tahir



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 44282
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

twoscoops wrote:
No law breaking need occur, straight swap would be fine!


I am NOT the copyright owner, I can't therefore trade that song (for anything) to you. The artist should be earning something.

Rob R



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 31902
Location: York
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

tahir wrote:
twoscoops wrote:
No law breaking need occur, straight swap would be fine!


I am NOT the copyright owner, I can't therefore trade that song (for anything) to you. The artist should be earning something.


Best send Buster some spice too, then

twoscoops



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 1924
Location: Warwickshire
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Oh he gets a bit more - we have regular PRS surveys at gigs and support Bad Manners from time to time.

Blue Sky



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 7654
Location: France
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

tahir wrote:
twoscoops wrote:
No law breaking need occur, straight swap would be fine!


I am NOT the copyright owner, I can't therefore trade that song (for anything) to you. The artist should be earning something.


Well plenty of people trade songs on ebay every day.

You might have to fork out 99p as I don't suppose they'll accept spice.

If it's second hand they the artist would already have had there cut, no?

twoscoops



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 1924
Location: Warwickshire
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Thanks Simon. Not sure about the ins and outs. Is it different from a painting changing hands at auction I wonder..?

twoscoops



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 1924
Location: Warwickshire
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Simon wrote:
[Well plenty of people trade songs on ebay every day.

You might have to fork out 99p as I don't suppose they'll accept spice.


99p? Have you seen the track listing? My word Bad Manners have recorded some rubbish.

tahir



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 44282
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Simon wrote:
If it's second hand they the artist would already have had there cut, no?


As I understand it selling secondhand physical media is fine, but selling means transfer of ownership, not sending someone a copy of something you own.

tahir



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 44282
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

twoscoops wrote:
Thanks Simon. Not sure about the ins and outs. Is it different from a painting changing hands at auction I wonder..?


You were asking for someone to "share" it with you, that's in no way the same as a painting changing hands at an auction.

twoscoops



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 1924
Location: Warwickshire
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

tahir wrote:
You were asking for someone to "share" it with you, that's in no way the same as a painting changing hands at an auction.


That's why I reposted suggesting a straight swap would be fine.

Silas



Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 6848
Location: Staffordshire
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 09 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

twoscoops wrote:
tahir wrote:
You were asking for someone to "share" it with you, that's in no way the same as a painting changing hands at an auction.


That's why I reposted suggesting a straight swap would be fine.


If you are swaping your goods for the actual CD then OK, if you are swapping for a bootleg copy, then no.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com