Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Cutting, butchery and sausaging, Devon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 09 6:43 pm    Post subject: Cutting, butchery and sausaging, Devon Reply with quote

As of next week, Madame Bear and myself will have a food business running in North Devon (stand by for Downsizer special offers on our products coming soon), and we will be doing a moderate amount of processing of carcasses for small local producers. The EHO is visiting on Tuesday 30th and will hopefully award the purpose-built premises Approved status.

We cut, butcher, make sausages and salami, and pack in vacuum bags or in sealed-lid plastic trays with absorbtion pad. We can label, assign use-by dates, and also have a blast freezer so that meat can be frozen in the shortest possible time to improve the quality of the defrosted meat.

This isn't a huge meat-processing and packing plant, but designed to use up a bit of spare capacity and to offer a service to small producers in the area. Charges will be 25p/kg for cutting, £1.75/kg for sausaging (including casings, rusk and basic seasonings).

resistance is fertile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 09 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great and so convienient, count us in!

Rob R

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 09 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds excellent, think it might be a bit far away for us, but how much for extra for packing?

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 09 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. Will you be selling any products such as sausages and where abouts in North Devon, I might be able to pop in.

Brownbear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 09 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob R wrote:
how much for extra for packing?

Rather depends on what packaging, in what sizes etc. Rather too many variables to list all the possible permutations here. If people tell me specifically what they want packed and in what outer, I can let them know.

I can just stick the meat in a plastic bag for free if that's what people want.

Brownbear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 09 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treacodactyl wrote:
Good luck. Will you be selling any products such as sausages and where abouts in North Devon, I might be able to pop in.

We'll be doing some sausages, and also making them for the pig farmer who owns the farm where the production facility is situated (we're not going to be selling the same sausages, he has his recipes and we have ours), also Westcountry beef burgers, various venison products, two kinds of pork pie, game pies when in season, pesto when we find someone to grow the basil for us, but not from the premises which aren't suitable for a retail outlet. Local purchasers I can deliver to, others we'll be sending out by ParcelForce.

resistance is fertile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 09 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownbear wrote:
pesto when we find someone to grow the basil for us

Why didnt you say How much do you need? as we can sort this almost instantly for you.

Yum.

Brownbear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 09 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting today, special offer on sausages and burgers, Trading Post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive