Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Lumpy bumpy cake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 11 12:04 pm    Post subject: Lumpy bumpy cake Reply with quote

Anyone got a good recipe for this one please.Found it in a local cafe and it's really yummy!

Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 11 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of it, can you give us a clue about appearance, taste? It may be known under another name?

astra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 12 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had a dark chocolate base, a bit like a rich brownie, a white and a dark chocolate mousse type topping with nuts and mallows and was topped with chocolate drizzle. Rich and gorgeous!!

I found a recipe on line but it was very disappointing and didn't even come close in any respect

arvo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 12 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astra wrote:
It had a dark chocolate base, a bit like a rich brownie, a white and a dark chocolate mousse type topping with nuts and mallows and was topped with chocolate drizzle. Rich and gorgeous!!

I found a recipe on line but it was very disappointing and didn't even come close in any respect

Is it 'Rocky Road'? Or is lumpy bumpy cake a thing in itself?

arvo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 12 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvo wrote:
astra wrote:

Also where was the cafe? It sounds lovely.

gz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 12 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ds cafe meet?

12Bore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 12 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a rocky road type base, with rather nice extras...(where is that drool emoticon?).

jamanda
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 12 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is basically a Rocky Road recipe - just use mini-marshmallows instead of nuts.

astra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 12 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12Bore wrote:
Sounds like a rocky road type base, with rather nice extras...(where is that drool emoticon?).

I think I might just try that next! with the moussey stuff on top! It was very very good!!!!

astra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 12 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvo wrote:
arvo wrote:
astra wrote:

Also where was the cafe? It sounds lovely.

It was actually called Lumpy bumpy cake!! I'd never heard of that before! there were a few recipes on line so I think it's a thing in itself

The cafe was in Wells. Up at the top opposite the fountain!! Good place to go with the kids...not too fancy

Dogwalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 12 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a family name that's stuck, like
Grandma's magic pudding,
or Mummy's yummy biscuits.

Perhaps you'd better go back to check it out again.

Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 12 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of it or come across anything like it, sounds rather nice (although I'm an apple pie kind of girl). As you say there seem to be quite a few recipes on the internet - if you add "mousse" and "marshmallow" in when you google it some of the descriptions start to sound more like your experience - have you tried Google images too? Of course if you do solve the mystery I trust you will share your good fortune

(I once had a very nice dessert called caramel apple granny, never worked out what it was exactly. A kind of layered crumble I think; this was before I realised you could do these things yourself or I would have paid more attention!)

pookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 12 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's one here,

https://craftycookieskitchen.wordpress.com/2009/02/07/lumpy-bumpy-cake/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive