Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Ban on wood stoves!
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 4:24 pm    Post subject: Ban on wood stoves! Reply with quote

Check this out. Hope its ok to post.

https://offgridsurvival.com/epa-woodburningstoves-illegal/

joanne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems to be in the USA only - there is no such ban in the UK

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in the US then? While I can't see wood stoves being banned in the UK, soot is a problem that it seems we may need to do something about: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21033078

I was wondering when I read that if the cleaner burning air-wash stoves produce much less soot, in which case there would be some argument to stop people using inefficient stoves and open fires, just like we try and stop people using inefficient and dirty cars, boilers etc.

bowtop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i just hope they dont do it over here too! Its just worrying how much we follow the US. I feel its another law to stop people being self sufficient, because the government lose money.They say its better for the environment but i dont buy it. Its just another law to take away more of our rights. And imagine how many stoves are gonna have to be scrapped. Recycling takes energy and power. Surely a stoves a stove.They burn wood. How can you say ones energy efficient and ones not? Its a metal box you put wood in to burn. I just dont get it? Next theyll be banned full stop. They've actually started banning collecting rain water in some states in america. Might not happen here yet but that could change. Hope im not offending.

https://www.naturalnews.com/029286_rainwater_collection_water.html

Last edited by bowtop on Sun Jan 20, 13 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Piggyphile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the comments
Quote:
Actually, you dont have a constitutional government. Most Americans mistakenly live in the democracy of the united states of America and not the republic of the united states. There has been no sitting government of the Constitutional republic. What you think is your government is the government of the democracy of the united states of america, a foreign private corporation from London England, the corporation that your president is the CEO of. Know who you are.

WHAT?

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that one. Why haven't we got more money if we own the US?

Piggyphile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just gets better
Quote:
NO loophole is needed. The EPA are “employees” of our “employees” so all they do is moot, except for the sheeple who believe the programming lies. That politicians/employees” are leaders and lawmakers for their “EMPLOYERS” Whomever comes to my door to take my stove OR ANYTHING ELSE WILL BE DOG FOOD
Sam says:
January 13, 2013 at 1:34 pm
Right on Patrick….way to end canine hunger….Fido’s gonna be one happy puppy!!

onemanband

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interpretaion of the article is that its not an outright ban on stoves, more a policy to replace older polluting stoves with cleaner ones.
Much like the rules over here, where all new stove installations must be certified and if you live in a 'smoke free zone' you can only use the newer clean burn stoves.
Nobody is going to be knocking on your door (here or in US) to confiscate your existing old stove (unless maybe you are in a smoke free zone)
Tis a bit harsh tho not being able to sell on an old stove - would have thought rules on new installs being approved would address re-use of old stoves.

Paranoid preppers site

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean wrote:

We don't. It is a group of private investors... if you believe the bull.

Nick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairyloon wrote:
sean wrote:

We don't. It is a group of private investors... if you believe the bull.

Probably because they're in debt. It won't make us richer, just a better credit risk.

Nick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That site is genius. Loving it.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowtop wrote:
Surely a stoves a stove.They burn wood. How can you say ones energy efficient and ones not? Its a metal box you put wood in to burn.

No.
A well designed burner burns far more efficiently. A poor one sends half the fuel up the chimney as unburned gas.

john of wessex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an air quality issue if you have a lot of homes/businesses burning any sort of fuel, especially if it isnt burnt cleanly.

But a cottage in the wilds isnt so much of an issue

oldish chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowtop wrote:
Yeah, i just hope they dont do it over here too!
where do you live? In the UK, smokeless zones were introduced way back in the 1950's because in big cities the pollution from domestic fires KILLS.

So, unless you live outside of a smoke free zone, do your neighbours with asthma or bronchitis a favour and DON'T.

Nature'sgrafter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 13 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence meant bowtop but be careful when you read and think about who is righting the article and there political agenda. Wanting people to use more efficient wood burners that don't pollute as much is a good thing. As to the website linked if you go to the government site and read through you will find no mention of criminal prosecutions except in certain states based on being used on high pollution days. It talks more about rolling out new cleaner and more efficient fires by making it illegal to sell out dated technology. what's wrong with that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive